Honest Ramblings

Thursday, July 27, 2006

The history of my car

I was talking to a co-worker today who was complaining that had been hit in the Wal-Mart parking lot and he had a small ding in his car. He was frustrated with the dealings he was having with ICBC. He then asked me if I had ever had to deal with ICBC....Yes! So many freakin times. So I told him the history of my car.

I bought my car in June of 2001 from my grandma...yes everyone can laugh, and if you know me and my car, you will laugh. It is an old Plymouth sundance...very much a family car. Anyways when I bought the car there had never been a single accident or anything done to it. So here goes the story of how much I have had to deal with ICBC with my car:

1) November 2001: My car was stolen from a movie theatre parking lot while I was watching Monsters Inc. with some friends. Horrible feeling to come out of a movie and your car is gone! They recovered my car 2 days later and preceded to fix it. It had over $3000 in damages. I got brand new upholstery and paint and windshield etc. Why did they even fix it? I don't know? Call #1 to ICBC.

2) November 2002: My car was stolen, yes again, from the side road near my parents house while I was in bed sleeping off a horrible flu. It was recovered before I even knew it was missing, the policed called to tell me they had found my car. I said, "oh, thank you, was it missing?" apparently it was! There was $2000 in damages this time...and yes, they fixed it, and I got new upholstery and new paint job again! Call #2 to ICBC.

3) March 2003: license plates were stolen off my car and my car had been keyed. Brand new paint job approx $1000. They did it! Call #3 to ICBC.

4) June 2004: Car was hit in the Wal-Mart parking lot while I was at work by a VERY elderly lady who thought she was driving forward... at a good click...but was in reverse and backed across the lot and into my car pushing it out of the parking space and into another parking space currently occupied by my bosses BMW. My car missed hitting the BMW by millimeters! There was $1300 damages...and they fixed it! This was my 4th, and so far final call to ICBC.

So yes, I have had many dealings with ICBC in the past 5 years. So far, knock on wood, I have been ICBC free for 2 years! I am over due!

2 Comments:

Blogger L&D said...

Just wait until you get a new car and you can start your tally all over again. What fun!!!!

10:10 PM  
Blogger Karyn Clemens said...

You were most definitely doomed from the day we went to Monsters Inc. Maybe I'm the bad luck? And you've been fine since I moved to Calgary...I think my idea of moving back to Abby is probably not so good, eh? Let's hope you stay ICBC free!

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home