Honest Ramblings

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

The Danger of IKEA

Some of you that know me well, know that IKEA is pretty much my favorite store in the WHOLE WORLD. I have spent so much money there I pay most of the employees wages I am sure. So yesterday when my friend Michelle suggested Karyn and I do a trip to IKEA I was totally game. Even though I knew that I needed nothing, especially since I have just recently moved back in with my mom, I still felt the need to go! I feel a certain "high" upon entering IKEA. The idea of being able to walk through the show rooms and see all the new stuff on display excites me! So during my trip to IKEA today, even though I needed absolutely nothing, I managed to spend $112! Amazing isn't it!?
Here is how the trip went: Hmm...look at all this cool stuff Stacey, says Michelle. Do you need these Stacey? Of course I need some more raspberry votive candles...I only have about 4 left at home. Hey Stace, says Karyn, what about these? Some more small wooden picture frames? Uh yeah! Pass me 2 packages! Another vase, some river rocks, and 3 stocks of bamboo? Definitely! I'll take it! Hang up storage bins for all my storage needs...with drawers!! Absolutely! That is just what I need. And I definitely think that my mom needs a blue dish scrubber brush, and a new fry pan..I think I will get her one. Wow! Cool striped boxes for under your bed storage! I can't live without those either! Grab me a package Karyn!
So as you can see, IKEA is a dangerous place for me. Thanks goodness it is about a 40 minute drive away from where I live or I would be broke from going there all the time!
But I REALLY did need all the stuff I bought! :)

4 Comments:

Blogger Woosters said...

Ah ha ha ha ha that's SO FUNNY!! I didn't realize how much you would have wanted to go to IKEA when we went the other day! And Karyn went TWICE?!?! Did she end up buying anything? I bet she did! I think it would be impossible for her to go there twice and not spend any money!! You got more bamboo?? and you got the river rocks like we did! YAY!! It looks really cool :o) They have under the bed storage boxes?? I didn't see those! How many and how much?? *lol* Thanks again for letting us invade your place! It was SOOO FUN to see you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *big hugs*

6:58 PM  
Blogger Karyn Clemens said...

But it was a WAY fun trip...especially since I spent money this time...Woohoo!! Even though I only bought $12 worth of wooden picture frames, at least I can say I bought something else at IKEA!

1:35 PM  
Blogger L&D said...

Ya, I don't get it. I hate IKEA. That's right. You heard me. So whatcha gonna do about it? Huh, huh?

10:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not a huge fan of IKEA but I have to admit their furniture is stylish and cheap. So Thanks for accompanying Michelle. The futon is pretty nice and fits good in our little room.

6:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home