Honest Ramblings

Friday, April 13, 2007

Feeling Giddy

Gonna have to put me in one of these to get me back into the psych ward!!


They day has arrived. 6 weeks I have been praying for this day to come. The final day of my psych rotation. Sigh...this is the day.

Even though I had to get up at the crack of dawn to get to the ward on time I had a little spring in my step knowing that this was the last time I would ever have to get up this early to go to psychiatry!!! The day was rather boring and I was sure my instructor would keep us until the bitter end of 3:30...yet at 1:20 something amazing happened.....

He let us leave!! Yes, thats right, 2 whole glorious hours early!

As I walked back to my car with my good friend Kim, I felt like skipping and shouting aloud in praise that I had made it through 6 weeks of psych, hating every moment.

But folks, it is over. I made it through the worst rotation of my nursing school career, and I am only slightly crazy myself and have a few minor dents. :)

You will not see me back on that ward unless I am wearing that strait jacket and being drugged and thrown into seclusion kicking and screaming, otherwise, audios psychiatry!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger L&D said...

As soon as I saw the picture I started laughing.

I totally share the same feeling of psych with you.

One day when we are old and insane (peraps with Korsokoff's from the cosmos) you and I will be room mates in the psych ward. We can create beautiful pottery and get frustrated with doing endless puzzles. Actually I already hate doing puzzles so perhaps I'm already on my way....

We will hold hands in the sunshine and sing to the music only the crazy voices in our head can create. We will sway like branches in the wind and randomly throw out cusses to strangers....because we can. We're crazy and lovin' it.

Oh me and my day dreaming. Gosh.

4:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My roommate Paul used to have a straightjacket...he claimed he could get out of it and had even done so as a sideshow on the streets of Vancouver. He never actually demonstrated this for me but I've heard you have to dislocate your shoulder. Glad you are so 'psyched' about this. :)

8:33 AM  
Blogger L&D said...

I am dying right now.

No really. I am.

And I'm writing this as a means to procrastinate the inevitable.

I hate my life.

12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home