Honest Ramblings

Sunday, April 01, 2007

New Things

Well it has been a while since my last post. Life has been busy as per usual. But things are beginning to slow down a bit as the semester winds down. Phew...I can almost breath. Anyways, I have two days off this week, today and tomorrow and I plan to use them well. I spent time today sleeping and reading and just relaxing. Then this afternoon I met up with my lovely girl Darla and we went to the mall to do some shopping. I recently received a nice tax return and my yearly Wal-Mart bonus check so I had some money that I could spend. Because I am a student, I seldom have any money to spend, even if I wanted to so this was a change for me.

People who know me know that I am very frugal with my money and this became painfully obvious when I entered the mall and realized that I had not been there since December, when I was Christmas shopping. There were so many new stores that I had never heard of. Amazing. Whole new world. So I told Darla that my mission was to get a new purse as the one that I am currently using is falling to bits, literally. I am not sure why the strap has not broken all the way off yet. I have a hard time spending money on myself. As well I really wanted to get a pair of practical yet cute black shoes with a tiny, and I repeat tiny heel, as I am a horrible high heel shoe walker. I tend to fall, or walk like I am inebriated. So that was the mission.

Boy oh boy did I do well!! :) I had to splurge a bit on the shoes but they are awesome and I love them to bits and they are good quality. But I got my purse for less than $15! It's very cute as well. For once in my life I feel like I am trendy...sort of! :) This is a first for me. I have never really been fashion forward, I just wear whatever I want if it's comfy. Well the shoes are comfy but oh so cute and the purse if practical and cute and was such a good price.

We ended our evening attending a very lively and spirited church service and it was awesome! Totally refreshing and renewing to spend time praising God with fantastic praise music in a lively and spiritual environment. The perfect end to a perfect day. Ahhhh....I feel refreshed!



The new purse. There isn't a picture of the old one because Darla made me throw it away at the mall!!
New Shoes!!!!
Note the cute gather thing
And a tiny heel. I can walk in them and I don't look drunk!!

3 Comments:

Blogger L&D said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I love it. I love it. I love it.

The shoes. I could just bite them they are so cute. And the purse, well you know how I feel about the purse since it looks oddly similar to mine.

SO proud of you for splurging and getting something to make you feel pretty and trendy. You deserve it after all the HELL we've been through.

I woke up today completely refreshed and reborn. Did a ONE HOUR devotional. Spectacular. I think God put the snow on the ground for you and I.....a representation to start over, aknew and cleansed. It was perfect. Weird having snow in April, but perfect.

Thanks for a great day yesterday.

10:33 AM  
Blogger Karyn Clemens said...

Sorry I couldn't join the day of fun and shopping...sounds like you had a brilliant time! I'm in Victoria now...we missed our first ferry by like, a MINUTE, so we had to wait TWO HOURS in line for the 9AM. Boo that. Well, we're here now, and Duane's working for another couple hours, and I'll probably head off to shop in a bit here. See you when I get back to the mainland!

~K~

1:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I feel like I was there! But maybe I imagined it? Hee hee. Supper was pretty good too. Wish I coulda joined more of the shopping. Don't worry, I hit Metrotown this week and bought some "me" stuff! :)

1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home