Honest Ramblings

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Confessions of a road-rage-a-holic

Hello, my name is Stacey, and I am a road-rage-a-holic:

I think this may be something that not a lot of people know about me. I try to hide my road rage when I am driving with other people in my car. Let me just say that I have never been violent towards another driver because of my road rage, it hasn't come to that, yet! :) I car pool to school with 3 other girls, and I know they think I am an aggressive driver, and I guess I am. Don't get me wrong, I'm also, I think, a very safe driver. But I am also sometimes an impatient driver and tend to get enraged while driving very easily. I think this road rage got worse instead of better when I got my new car because now I could actually drive over the speed limit and weave in and out of traffic without fear of something falling off my car.

While was I driving home today I was talking on my cell phone with my friend Darla, and forgetting that I was talking to her I yelled at the women "driving" in front of me to...eh hem..."freaking hurry up and drive for goodness sake!!!!!!!" The women was driving merrily along a busy road at 30km where the speed limit is 50km! I don't do 30! I rarely can keep myself at 50! Well Darla started to laugh at me, and that's when I realized that my secret was out. She was like, "did you just yell at the car in front of you?" "Ummm, yes maybe I did" :)

There have been several occasions where I know people may have suspected that I had road rage, or at least strange driving tendencies. I have driven around with some of my youth group kids in the car and they have laughed at me when I put my hand out making a stop signal and verbally told a car sitting on a side street to "stay where you are, don't you dare pull out in front of me!!" I constantly talk to myself and other drivers while I am driving, as if they can actually hear me. I will say things like "hurry up!!! get out of my way!! don't you dare cut me off!! idiot driver!! "etc...etc...etc. I seem to always be in a hurry when driving, even when I am not in a hurry to get anywhere!

I will also say that I have never been in an accident that was my fault so it is not that I am a bad driver, just a very animated one. And yes, I am sure my car pool girls are secretly making fun of me while I am driving, it's ok, I love them anyways! :) I used to have an air freshener in my old car that said, "smile, God loves you" and my car pool girls joked with me that I should simply recite this and my road rage would go away. If I can find one, I should try and buy another one of those air fresheners and put it in my new car as a subtle reminder.

4 Comments:

Blogger L&D said...

You are so busted.

7:41 PM  
Blogger Duane Clemens said...

Don't worry about it. I do the same thing, though I don't really get mad, I just like to talk to people, even if they can't hear me.

D

8:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did suspect this about you Stacey, thanks for being a safe driver while I was youth leader... :)

4:13 PM  
Blogger Karyn Clemens said...

I knew your little secret! :) I'm the same way, though I usually don't say stuff out loud...even when I'm alone; it stays in my head! My driver(for work)is an extremely aggressive, yet safe, driver too...he has yet to scare me!!
I miss the Sundance.

~K~

12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home