Honest Ramblings

Saturday, September 06, 2008

The Benginning of the End



I had my first shift of my Preceptorship today. That is fancy nursing school lingo for paying an extortion amount of money to work full time on a nursing unit paired with an RN for free! Sounds great eh? Yah...no! Never-the-less I made it through my first shift today. Not only was it my first shift on a surgical floor in nearly a year, but it was in a BRAND SPANKING NEW HOSPITAL!

I spent much of the morning running around with my Preceptor trying to find random things about the ward that we needed in one of the 3 totally different stock rooms. It was a steep learning curve for the both of us today learning where everything is, how things run, and how to work all the new state of the art equipment. The patients are patient with us for the most part.

So, as the title states, this is the beginning of the end for me as this is my final practicum and culmination of my nursing school life!! It is 15 weeks long and I will gradually be taking over the RN's entire patient load and she will become more of an advisor for me rather than a supervisor and helper etc. So this is it folks. T-minus 97 days and counting until I am officially an RN and my dream job in emerg can begin.

P.S. Sorry the comics are soo small, but they were cute and I couldn't resist. Just click on them and you can read them larger.



1 Comments:

Blogger L&D said...

Yay. Can't figgen wait to be done. I'm soooooooo with ya.

5:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home