Honest Ramblings

Monday, July 14, 2008

Fulfillment

WE WANT YOU!

Those are words that most people can't wait to hear. Especially from a potential employer. Something I too have longed to hear.

From as long as I can remember I have wanted to be a nurse. This has come to fruition as I have endured nearly 4 years of nursing school which will come to an end in December, finally! (Not soon enough!!) Following completion of school one then must go on the path to finding a job in one's chosen career. I definitely have an advantage due to my career choice of nursing and the major shortage.

With that said, you still have to put yourself out there and look for a job. Most nurses can easily get a job in an entry level nursing position such as on a general medical or surgical ward to gain experience. It is quite another thing to get a job in a specialty area with no training.

I had a meeting with my emergency manager this past week with my best friend working with me in the ER, Darla. We had a great conversation about our options in the ER. The meeting ended with my manager saying to Darla and I that we can consider ourselves HIRED! Yup, that's right, hired as an emerg nurse! And it gets even better! In order to become a critical care ER nurse you must take specialty training, for 6 months post graduation, which is rather pricey. However, I will not be paying for the schooling because the health authority will because they need nurses so bad!! I will also get paid full time wages while I am going to school. And I get to do all this with my favorite nursing gal by my side!! Pretty much the sweetest deal I can think of!

So to me, this situation is true fulfillment as I have wanted to be an emerg nurse for almost as long as I have wanted to be a nurse. God is good and I can't wait to start the next chapter in my life!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Jenn W said...

Sounds like life is turning out perfect!! I'm so happy for you!! God is good isn't he?? :) School takes it's toll on us and often we find ourselves struggling through assignments and readings, but in the end it is worth it, if not only for the new life in front of us, but for the knowledge and greater development of self. Take Care!

1:56 PM  
Blogger L&D said...

YEEEEHAAWWWWWWW baby! I will continue to follow you. ;)

So pumped that this journey just keeps getting better and better.

3:29 PM  
Blogger Karyn Clemens said...

YYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!! I'm SO proud of you and SO happy for you...this journey is turning out spectacularly!! Yay for you! Way to go, Nurse Stacey! I love you!

~K~

5:05 PM  
Blogger L&D said...

Ahem. Must I remind you YET AGAIN that you haven't posted in over a month?

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home