Honest Ramblings

Monday, August 21, 2006

First Day Blues

So today was the first day of classes for me. I am entering my final semester of my 2nd year. I was really looking forward to seeing all my classmates again. It has been 4 months since I have seen some of them. As my car pool and I drove to school, there was an excited chatter in the car. We all had the feeling of excitement of starting nursing again and seeing all our friends. This feeling left us very quickly; we walked into our first class of the morning: Pathophysiology. For those of you that don't know what this is, it is the study of the human body and all the things that can go wrong with it. Sounds rather interesting doesn't it?! Well, it might in fact be if the instructor was not totally smelly and could probably make Disney Land or winning the lottery seem boring. She simply stands in the front of the class and reads off of the power point presentation that is on the screen. Every once in a while she will add some totally useless piece of information about some patient she had 10 years ago who had such and such disease, like this information is at all helpful to us....it's not! Anyways, after sitting through 3 hours of this class I am pretty much ready to die. I will now give you a small list of things I would rather be doing other than sitting in Patho, so you can really get the idea of how much fun it is for me:

1) Having my bikini line waxed
2) Piercing my own tongue
3) Jabbing a sharp object into my eye ball
4) Cleaning GM Place with a tooth brush
5) Having major surgery without anesthetic

So now you may have a clearer idea of how much I truly LOATHE Patho.

Other than that though, my first day of classes went well! Phew! Bring on the crazy nursing workload! I can take it.....maybe...I hope....ack! What was I thinking!?

10 Comments:

Blogger Demara said...

Haha...LOL I hear ya.

4:28 PM  
Blogger L&D said...

Poking pencils in my eye is my preferred pleasure. That or soaking unsuspecting victims in front of me with a bottle of water.

9:39 PM  
Blogger Demara said...

Haha ya totally Darla, sounds like I would hate that class, Stacey.

3:35 AM  
Blogger Woosters said...

*laughing so hard* Glad to hear your first day back was so good ;o) He he Aw, You POOR THING!! At least you're busy now and won't notice how outdated MY blog is.... Te he. Hope everything starts to go better for you *big hugs*

10:14 AM  
Blogger Demara said...

Have you learnt anything interesting in this class despite the wax dream and measuring the cornea test dream (I say cornea test, because I in fact had a needle poked in my eye to measure the thickness of my cornea.)From the sounds of things it WOULD be more fun to get this special attention from a doctor than to sit in this lecture. Poopy deal.
Your favourite Cashier. (Haha just kidding I don't know about that.)

Oh I see Noreen tomorrow too, about finishing the LIBT program, she's always talking about you with me. Apparently, you are quite the leader, at least that's what I sense from what she says, which are ALL good things. She's real proud of you.)

10:51 PM  
Blogger Karyn Clemens said...

I can't really relate to the fun of waxing a bikini line (because if I could there would be some MAJOR issues!) but it sounds like your class is going to be one to remember! My suggestion, start drinking coffee, and lots of it, during that class or invest in a laptop with some fun games on it.

8:20 AM  
Blogger Karyn Clemens said...

PS...DUANE wrote that comment...NOT KARYN! I think we need to somehow have a distinction when we comment...like maybe writing our name after it!

Karyn

5:29 PM  
Blogger Woosters said...

Ah ha ha.. the bikini wax comment makes a lot more sense once you know it's from Duane. That's hilarious!

5:56 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

Ok, now I better understand the comment Karyn...thanks! Haha I was kinda thinking it must be Duane's!

5:59 PM  
Blogger Karyn Clemens said...

My bad folks! I was thinking about that comment after I posted it and that I didn't sign it! I figured it would be good for a laugh anyway and apparently I was right (thouth I think I was the only one in our house who laughed!)

Duane

7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home