Honest Ramblings

Friday, February 16, 2007

Home Care...how I love thee!

Well school is back in full swing now and I am done with my few extra days off each week. They were nice but I was so unproductive during them unfortunately so I am glad they are over. I have just finished my 2nd of 3 weeks in my Home Care rotation. I LOVE IT! Talk about stress free. It is such an independent rotation. I get to the Home Care office at around 8:15 am, I gather charts, call patients, and then visit them by myself in their homes and clean and redress their wounds and chat with them, then I get back to the office around 12-12:30 and do some charting and I am usually home by 1pm! It is wonderful. My instructor comes with me on the odd visit but other than that I am on my own making my own decisions. It is wonderful! The clients are so friendly and love having a nurse come into their home to change their dressings and talk to them. I can totally see myself doing home care at some point in my nursing career, when I get tired of the stress and hassle of working in the hospital. Unfortunately I only have one more week in Home Care and then I have to move onto 6 weeks of Psych, my least favorite type of nursing. I am trying not to have a bad attitude about Psych but it is really hard when I know I wont like it and I have heard bad things about it from the group that is currently doing psych right now. Yick...must stay positive!

3 Comments:

Blogger L&D said...

You can make it through psych. If you can make it through the Devil Woman, you can do this. He'll be broken in now. He'll know what not to do again, you're better off in the second group. I'm cheering you on!!!!! YOU CAN DO IT!

7:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you like home care! Look for all those Abbey medical hospital beds!

6:59 AM  
Blogger Dan & Jenn said...

Sooooooo......
Since you came over to our blog and said we needed an update, I figured I'd better check to see if you're practicing what you're preaching. And what do I find? A post every 6-10 days? Unbelievable. (And yes there's an update on ours now...)

Anyhoo just thought I'd say hi, and good job on the blogging. Have fun with that psych...

10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home