Honest Ramblings

Thursday, January 18, 2007

A Few Days Off...

I get a few days off this week due to very cool scheduling of my home care rotation for school. So from Wednesday thru Friday for the next three weeks I have days off. Three whole days each week for 3 weeks to do whatever I want!! I was gonna take some extra shifts at work, finish getting organized in my bed room, and getting some much needed laundry done. So I was planning on taking full advantage of having these days off but when I got home from school on Tuesday with some strange stomach cramps and a major head ache I knew this plan was about to come to a screeching halt. I then spent Wednesday in bed, and today as well. I have not been able to keep solid food down today at all and had to call in sick for my extra shift a work! Why does this always happen to me!? As soon as I get some time off from work or school I manage to get sick! It's getting ridiculous! Well I have tomorrow off as well and I am hoping that I will be feeling well enough to get out of bed and do something before I have to work on Saturday. And then I fully intend to make full use of the next two weeks of freebie days off without getting sick!! Maybe I will even try to get ahead in my school work...hhhmmm...we'll see! :)

5 Comments:

Blogger L&D said...

Get ahead in school work?
BAWHAHAHWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!

Ya. ok.

8:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't this "getting sick during the holidays" syndrome horrible? In my opinion, it seems like I always get sick when I actually have time off!!!!! And this is proving to be true for you!!!! I hope you're starting to feel better now!!!!! Good luck with studying for Monday!!!! AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My brain isn't ready for a quiz!!!!!

10:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hope you feel better soon!

Michelle usually gets sick right after her holidays, therefore managing to extend her holidays a few more days. Lately she has been pretty good, though. Hmm...maybe because we haven't gone on any holidays!

3:18 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

Well, I guess I am glad to hear that I am not the only one who seems to get sick during time off! But it still sucks, and yes, I am feeling much better now, thanks!

9:51 PM  
Blogger Woosters said...

Aww poor Stace!! I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better though. I've heard it's quite common for people who are really busy and stressed to get sick as soon as they have a break.. it's like your body is all of a sudden expressing the way it was feeling while you were so busy but didn't have time to come out until you relaxed... if that makes any sense... I dunno, YOU'RE THE NURSE, you should know ;o) He he. Enjoy your next few days off during the next few weeks!! You should come to Salmon Arm ;o) te he Not that there's anything exciting to do in the winter.. but hey, there's always me and Dave.. and soon Karyn and Duane!!

10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home