Honest Ramblings

Saturday, May 05, 2007

My Leave of Absence

Today was a day of celebration for me. It was my last shift for three months working at the pharmacy! I have been working at Wal*Mart Pharmacy either part time or full time for 7 years! That is a freakin long time! I am so excited to have some time off from there to pursue my undergrad nursing job this summer.

Today was very hard for me to remain pleasant to rude customers knowing that I wouldn't be back for three whole months!!! But I managed to keep my cool with all the customers. However, I was asked 4 times during my shift while I was helping to stock the shelves if I worked there, (let me say also that I was wearing my Wal*Mart scrub shirt and name tag) and I turned and smiled politely each time and replied..."NOPE!" :) It was awesome!

My boss has been wonderful to me in letting me pick and choose my hours and shifts and work around my, dare I say, hectic nursing school schedule.

So farewell to my pill counting, bottle labeling, cream making, slave to the pharmacists' every whim days! Well for 3 months at least.


5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hurray, have a good break!!! 7 years is indeed a long time to work somewhere. Good for you!

I am proud to say i am the FIRST one to comment on this particular post, I have beat some others, I won't mention any names, but not anyone named Walking Peacefully or anything. =)

10:19 PM  
Blogger L&D said...

Ah, only 4 times. I was gunning for more than that! And now there is facebook. Just when will the novelty wear off?

8:12 PM  
Blogger Karyn Clemens said...

YAY YAY YAY!!! No more Wally World!! (for 3 months, anyway) Enjoy your time off!! I'll hopefully see you in July, and possibly in August when I come for Alicia's wedding!

11:43 AM  
Blogger Matt said...

Congrats on the leave! you deserve it!

Has Wal*Mart contacted you yet asking you to kindly refrain from using their logo or risk face their beloved death squad?

12:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When are you going to update your web page? (Especially since you aren't working at Wal-Mart - you should have more time to update this!) :)

8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home