Honest Ramblings

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Home from Winterpeg

Well after 5 fun-filled and sleepless nights and days in Winterpeg I have returned home. What an adventure. I am truly glad that I went and experienced the conference and met so many fantastic people.

Our table at the banquet

My last night in Winterpeg was great. It started off with an awards banquet and dinner. The food was very good and was served to us.







After the awards and food the dance began. Unfortunately the DJ they hired was terrible and most people left early. Well my room mate Laura and I hooked up with some of the great people from Ontario and we all went to a night club called Silverado's and danced the night away. We returned to our hotel room at about 2-230 ish and I went to sleep after packing at around 3-330 am only to have to get up at 6am to catch my flight home! I was uber tired on the plane ride home!

Lindsey (from Ontario), Laura (my room mate), and me!

Lindsey and Ryan from Ontario and moi at Silverado's!

After returning to BC, where the average temperature is not -30 I got off the plane only to find out that it was snowing!! I apologize to everyone, but I think I brought the snowy Winterpeg weather with me!! Ooops!!

Well, I have been home for 3 days now and have not had to go to school even once! Praise the Lord for SNOW DAYS!! I have been able to catch up on the school work I missed and finish my paper that is due on friday!

I am so happy to have been chosen to go to Winterpeg and to the CNSA National Conference even though I didn't know that I would enjoy it! But I am even more happy to be back in BC where my eye brows and nostrils wont freeze and I will never have to experience -45 temperatures!

I will finish this post off with a video clip of my lovely room mate Laura's hidden talent:


4 Comments:

Blogger L&D said...

The only response that came out of my mouth after that video was, "OH MY GOOD LORD!"

That's it.

I got nothin' else.

1:19 PM  
Blogger Woosters said...

AHHHHHH ha ha ha that's awesome!! and almost even more awesome is that you got picked to go to that conference without even putting your name in!! *lol* Must have been meant to be! Looks like you had a blast!! Welcome home!!!! :o)

4:24 PM  
Blogger Karyn Clemens said...

Ummm...wow. What fun!
Oh, and thanks for the snow..you trailed some along in Calgary too!

~K~

9:29 AM  
Blogger L&D said...

Um, it's February you know.

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home