Honest Ramblings

Friday, January 06, 2012

New Year




Well, it is a new year, and therefore time for new years resolutions. I am not big on making New Years resolutions, when they seem to be easily forgotten and abandoned once February hits. But I have been thinking recently about making some important changes in my life.

One of them is to blog more. I have not written a blog post in over a year. I hadn't realized it had been that long. But what I did realize was that blogging about my life etc was an important outlet for me to be able to process my thoughts, share my experiences and struggles in my daily life and also share snippets of my experiences from my job.
So because it is the new year, I am going to blog more and hopefully regain my outlet for "processing" and sharing about my life.

I have also been thinking a lot about contentment recently. I think it is one of the life lessons God is trying to teach me. Along with having patience, being content in my life has been a struggle for me. I am always looking to the next thing instead of enjoying what I have and living in the moment. So I hope to share about my journey as I continue to learn patience and contentment.

And finally, I want to reclaim my ability to run. My body has been fighting me on this during the past year and I am working to over come this. I have been experiencing hip pain and residual effects in my left knee after an injury in which I tore the lateral meniscus last summer. It healed well, so I thought, but it has been causing me some pain over the past few months. Both my hip and my knee have severely hindered my ability to run, and have made me feel discouraged. So I am resolving to push through and over come this. I long to be able to run another 10k race, and will be training once again to hopefully complete the Sun Run this May.

So there you have it folks, my "resolutions" as such for 2012. I think it is going to be a great year, and I can't wait to see what God has in store for me this year!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome goals...Good for you! I will read your blog and RW can always be an encouragement too... I love how that girl writes :) Happy New Year!

Amber

10:01 PM  
Anonymous Michelle said...

I can't wait to see what God has in store for you this year either! :) Thanks for being a great friend!

9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home