Honest Ramblings

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Summer Recap

The nursing ladies with Laura (L-R) Andrea, Tanja, Darla, Laura, Me, Pia
The happy couple Laura and Andrew

The master bedroom
Living room etc.
(L-R) Darla, Laura, Me

I was thinking back on what I had done this summer. The answer is not much!! I spent the entire summer working full time and taking a summer class. Although I did manage to have a bit of fun here and there. I spent 5 glorious days on the Oregon Coast with some friends. I did nothing more than sun tan on the beautiful beach next to the ocean, eat great food, shop, and sleep for the entire time. It was FANTASTIC! As well, my friend Karyn came to visit me and she stayed for a whole month. It was great getting to see her so often. Then at the same time that Karyn was here Carene and Dave arrived for a weekend visit and we all went to the IMAX showing of SuperMan...in 3D!! That was neat. I also got to go to a fellow nursing students wedding and had a bit of fun with my friend Darla decorating the bride and groom's new basement suite. So although my summer was full of work and school I did still manage to have some fun. But, alas, now it is time to get back into the full swing of nursing classes.

Dan and Brian making popcorn on beach in Oregon
Beautiful ocean view in Oregon
(L-R) Jalene, Me, Jenn, Heidi
Dan in wet suit getting ready to boogy board
(L-R) Dave, Carene, Me, Karyn at IMAX 3D

3 Comments:

Blogger L&D said...

Wow that was weird. I saw the pics of L's wedding and thought that I was looking at my blog....but why did it look different? Hmmmm. I need to lay off the sauce.

11:18 PM  
Blogger Demara said...

Well it looks like you kept beeeerrry busy. Which is a good thing to do in the summer, I think. Oh in case you didn't notice I changed your name on my blog to be your title in case you were worried about that. K? l8er g8er.

12:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Duane and Karyn!

6:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home