Honest Ramblings

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Congratulations! You have been selected!

Selected for what you might ask. And you have every right to ask that, I did too. Let me explain.

I was asked to meet with one of my new 4th year instructors today after writing my final exam for my health law class. I walked over to the nursing building nervously to inquire as to why I had been singled out as needing to talk to this instructor.

When the instructor came out of her office, she handed me an email wishing me congratulations and telling me the good news that I had been selected to fill one of the 3 all expense paid spots for nursing students in British Columbia to attend the Canadian Nursing Student Association National conference in Winnipeg.....IN 6DAYS!

Some thoughts ran through my head such as: Wow! What an honor! What a great opportunity! Then this thought entered my mind:

How on EARTH did this happen?? I never applied to go to this conference!!

Well apparently when the possibility of this conference was mentioned to my nursing class my good friend Darla expressed an interest in attending and maybe because I was sitting next to her, and because we tend to do everything together, it was assumed that I must want to attend as well! So my name also got put forward without my knowledge.

So, of all the people in B.C. that could have been chosen as delegates to attend this conference the only person who didn't actually want to go, or even knew their name had been put forward to be involved, gets chosen.

Yes people, that is my luck. Darla got a really good laugh on my behalf as I explained to her this uncanny situation.

So yes, I will now be leaving for Winnipeg in 6 days to attend a conference with 400+ other nursing students from all over Canada, none of which I will know, and sharing a room at the Fairmont Hotel with another nursing student, that I also do not know. Wow.

How does this happen to me!?

7 Comments:

Blogger L&D said...

8Have fun in Winterpeg.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA.

6:43 PM  
Blogger Karyn Clemens said...

So Darla was okay with you going instead of her?? How exciting, though! Have fun! And don't forget to take your winter woolies..it's COLD in Winterpeg!

~K~

9:01 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

If you note Darla's comment above, she's not mad at all. She couldn't have gone anyway...logistics of day care would be crazy! And she has been laughing her ass off at me for the past few days.

Oh and it was -27 in Winterpeg today! What have I gotten myself into!!!

8:09 PM  
Blogger L&D said...

I just had to come back, read this and LAUGH again.



AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAAAA.

8:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stacey, I think you're going to have a blast!!!!! I can't even imagine experiencing those temperatures!!!!! Start layering the long underwear!!!!

3:03 PM  
Blogger L&D said...

Just looking for a laugh. Thought I'd pop by.

Giggles.

6:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Stacey, I was thinking about you and Darla as Darla wrote on my wall, so I looked at your profile and saw your status and then I went to your blog... this is exciting and all too funny news! Congrats just the same. Free trip, nice hotel and a bunch of nursing students... sounds like a pretty good time. Hope you have a good time, you are most deserving of this. Let me know how it was when you get back :)

10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home