Honest Ramblings

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Tattoo Fever

Alright, enough with the blog updating harassment! I am now finished my paper and wont feel guilty updating my blog with my uninteresting life! :)

Now, back to the topic at hand. TATTOOS!

I have wanted to get a tattoo for a long time. Yes, mom, I realize they are permanent. Thanks for the info.

Recently in my infinite spare time I have been looking for images online for tattoo ideas. I know I want a cross of some description, and I am pretty sure I want it to be black and white or black and grey with shading. I also like the idea of incorporating the Jesus fish into the tattoo somehow as well. I am pretty sure as well that I want this on the outside of my right ankle.

I have chosen these symbols because I know my faith will always be a part of my life and I want a constant reminder on my body, and possibly a conversation starter that may lead to me being able to share my faith with someone else.

So I thought I would post some tattoo ideas I have found. I like components of all of them. Any feedback from y'all would be great. I am hoping to get my tattoo in the near future.



I like the shape of the cross, not the vines though

I also like the shape of this cross and the shading


This incorporates both the cross and fish...kinda neat


Incorporates both, don't like colors...like the cross shape and the shading on the fish

Don't like the clover leaf...but fish/cross is also a neat idea



This is my favorite so far I think...except for the lines in the background...I like the cross and the fish and the shading....just wondering if the cross is too plain?

Alright folks...so tell me what you think. I want all your opinions, good or bad!

10 Comments:

Blogger Karyn Clemens said...

Shoot, I left a whole post, and it wouldn't process it!
Grrr!!

~K~

1:32 PM  
Blogger Karyn Clemens said...

Ok, let's try again.

(1) Not a fan...
(2) Like this better than 1...I like the blue-ish tinge/shading
(3) I don't mind this one, but have you decided which icon you want portrayed more..the fish or the cross?
(4) I don't like the colors on this one either, and again, this one seems to have the fish "taking out" the cross. Just a thought.
(5) I like this one too, if you're going for the fish look.
(6) This is my current favorite, and if you think the cross is too boring, then why not incorporate the cross shape from 4? As long as the fish would fit in that shape. I also don't like the lines in the back, but those are easily removable :)

There's my opinion for ya! Have fun!

~K~

1:38 PM  
Blogger L&D said...

I agree with the black & white/shading. Now that you've shown the color ones I am blind in my left eye. Or perhaps I just had some sort of stroke from the brightness.

That being said I found I liked something in every single image. So I don't think you can go wrong. I'll like any of them. As long as they aren't neon in color.

I particularlily like the stand-up fish in image #3, but mix it with the cross shape in #2.

Please pass on the "HOLY CRAP LOOK AT THOSE COLORS....IT MUST BE A FAKE TATTOO" images in #4 & #5.

However, the cross in the fish shaped together is kinda cool in #5. But again, my judgement could be skewed since I am half blind and can't see my hand waving in front of my face.

Ok then.

I have No freakin' idea how many fingers you are holding up.

3:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Going for the tatts hey...did you know they are permanent? ;) j/k. Hey, why not get one down your whole arm like a guy I work with? It's costing him $1800 and he still hasn't got all the coloring done. If I had to pick one of the ones you chose I think I like the last one the best as well. Or you could just write "a fish and a cross" on your leg. If you need some used guitar strings and some ink let me know...

6:06 PM  
Blogger L&D said...

AHAHAHAAAAA. I just read your comment on Scott "foraging ironmans" blog. Love it. I actually laughed out loud. Yes, you and I would be there distrupting the place because we were throwing tomatoes or laughing inappropriately at those reciting a "serious" poem. I totally blame you. You are a BAD influence on little, innocent me.

9:26 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

Hmmmm ... everyone likes number 6, but i find it a bit too cartoonish. Maybe taking away the cheesy sun rays would take away the cartoonishness. It might also be the fatness of the fish that makes it look "fun".

The coloured ones ... NO!

The first couple, with the pointed shapes and thornish / fire-ish designs -- they're neat, but I'm wondering if they maybe don't match your personality as much as something else would. These seem almost dark.

Have you looked into the symbology at all? You're positive you want these two symbols? and these two symbols together? Just thoughts...

The ankel may not be too much pain, but mine (on the spine), hurt like a bitch! glad it only took 10 minutes!

6:43 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

Thanks for all your comments and advice! :) I agree with a lot of it but I am still unsure of which one I like the best...or if I will even use any of them. I am still mostly drawn to the last one, and yes Matt without the sun rays in the background.

And yes Karyn and Darla I agree the colors are awful! I don't want color anyways, I think I just want black and grey or something like that!

And no Matt, I am not positive I want these two symbols together but I know I want a cross for sure, but I thought a cross on it's own would be kinda boring!

So really I am no closer to a decision, now I just have more options to weigh.

6:58 PM  
Blogger L&D said...

Just came by to see if I could blind my other eye. Yup, it happened. Good, I'm exempt from any presentations or exams. Yessssssssssss!

2:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shading is way too early 90s. I like #3, as it is crisp and simple. The top 2 are too dark, and seem to have an almost eerie feel to them. I don't like the shading in the bottom one, and the fatness of the cross and the fish do give it an elementary school art project feel. If I were you, I would choose one and then wait a few months / wait until a season changes. Then decide if you still like it.

3:36 PM  
Blogger L&D said...

Just stopped by to see if I could blind myself again before tomorrow.

Yup, it worked.

Thanks!

4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home