Honest Ramblings

Sunday, December 02, 2007

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow....

Well, as long as I don't have to drive in it that is.

Don't get me wrong. I am all for the beautiful look of snow capped trees and glistening snow flakes falling softly to the earth, but seriously people, driving in this stuff sucks!

As soon as the white stuff falls, it seems that people forget how to drive and become homicidal maniacs in their cars. I pride myself in being a decent in-the-snow-driver. I have had some experience from visiting family members each Christmas in Hicksville where there is always many feet of snow to deal with. I am not proclaiming to be an expect snow driver, but pretty decent!

I certainly don't think that I can drive the same speed as when the roads are clear and stop on a dime without sliding into the intersection and causing a huge accident. I avoid driving in the snow whenever possible so that I don't have to deal with the other idiot drivers. Especially those in SUV's that believe there vehicle is super human and will not possibly slide in such weather. They are the ones that you see wrapped around a telephone pole farther up the road or found to be the cause of the 10 car pile up because of their arrogance.

Alright, enough of my rant. I love snow, it's beautiful and seems so Christmasy! I will simply stay off the roads whenever possible while the white stuff is falling.

Here are some pics from my house this morning:

My Car...some of it!

Outside my front door

Another from my front door

Cute snow topped garden light

View from the back yard

2 Comments:

Blogger L&D said...

Yup, looks about the same here.

4:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do not see any snow. I am not sure where you got those pictures but there is no snow out there.
Hmm.

6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home