Honest Ramblings

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

My Motivation

Today in one of my nursing classes we were talking about motivation. We were asked what makes us motivated. We were on the topic of leadership and how those people can make us motivated. Some how the conversation shifted to what motivates us in Nursing to keep on going. One person mentioned that it is when she receives a good grade. I can relate. I too work hard to get my good grades, but that is not my highest motivating factor. Another person mentioned that for her it was while doing practical hands on training in the hospital and her instructor or patients tells her that she is doing a good job, or that she will make a good nurse. I can relate to this also...I enjoy being told when I am doing well, especially by my instructors, but this is not my biggest motivating factor either. My biggest motivating factor is spending time with my nursing friends that uplift me and re-energize me. I strive to do well so that I can stay in the program and spend time with these wonderful people and learn with them and from them. I think that I would go clinically insane in this program if it were not for the comic relief of friends and the loyalty and love I feel for them and from them. I am truly blessed to have these people in my life.





Thanks guys! You make all this craziness, work, and stress worth it!

3 Comments:

Blogger L&D said...

Back atcha babe! I agree with you....
Good motivating factor. I think if either of us failed out the worst kick in the teeth would not being ousted, but that we wouldn't see eachother on a daily basis. It's true, I think it would kill me.

Great post! Oh, and I especially like the extremely flattering photo of me in the back ground of the 2nd to last photo. Yes, I really am a looker.
*Gag* *Sputter* *little bit of vomit*

12:20 AM  
Blogger L&D said...

PS. Kim is such a righteous babe...no?

12:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love you guys (especially for the babe comment!)
Kim

5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home