Honest Ramblings

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

DONE!!

Ok, so I just had to post when I got home from the hospital today! I am done! I have completed year 2 and have just returned home after my last "shift" at the hospital! It was such a nice shift too! I spent it in the O.R. I think I have created a record for most surgeries watched by a student while wearing lead! 4!! I have been in 4 surgeries this last rotation and all 4 of them I had to stinking wear lead! Yeesh! None as long as the 3 hour escapade during the first one! Good work out though! But anyways, today all I had to do was simply observe a surgery and then I had my final evaluation with my instructor which went fantastically, and then I got to come home! Beautiful! And I will add that before the surgery started this morning the anesthetist actually let me intubate the patient once she was under anesthetic!! It was sooo cool! **Don't tell my instructor!**;) (intubating is inserting a tube into a patients airway to help them to breath when they are under general anesthetic) So the gist of this post is to say GOOD RIDDANCE to year two...HELLO year 3!! Whooohooo!

4 Comments:

Blogger L&D said...

year 3.
year 3.
year 3.
year 3.
year 3.
year 3.
year 3.
year 3.
year 3.
year 3.
year 3.
year 3.
year 3.

7:25 PM  
Blogger Karyn Clemens said...

YAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!
Now just don't be prey to the nurses who may play nasty tricks on student nurses! One of my co-workers used to be a nurse, and she and some friends played many tricks on student nurses...for instance: Sending a student from 10th floor to the basement to retrieve fallopian tubes! *LOL* The student was so eager to please(and probably nervous), that she didn't catch on, and came back saying, "they didn't have any, but they gave me a bedpan!"
She's told me many other stories.

~K~

9:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehe, that's funny, that's like in baseball when they send you to get the key to the batting cage, or when I was in construction the guys sent me looking for skyhooks, which subsequently became my nickname "Skyhook."

Congrats stacey and i should be there to help you unpack.

4:21 AM  
Blogger Woosters said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We should get you you're own funky personalized lead vest since it seems as though you will be needing one quite often ;) Wouldn't that be cool?!?!?

I can't believe you're done year 2.. you will soon be a full fledge nurse!! EEEEEEeee! The funny thing is I already think of you as a nurse since you have so much pharmacudical training... you seem to know everything already!

OHHH what's your address this week? I wanted to mail ya somethin ;o)

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home