Honest Ramblings

Sunday, October 29, 2006

A Lost Bet

My boss likes to make bets. So far I have been smart enough to either decline to take part in his bets, or only accept if I know I cannot lose. Also, my boss likes to cheat, he will deny this, but he does! So yesterday at work my boss was asking me about a dance I was supposed to attend for a friends birthday but was unable to. The theme of the dance was Super Heroes. I was saying how my friends and I were finding it hard to think of super heroes to dress up as. My boss then told me he could think of tons! He said to me "I bet you that I can name at least 50 super heroes off the top of my head by the end of today!" He said if he the lost the bet, he would wear a Santa costume to work the day that he worked closest to Christmas, and I would have to do the same if I lost the bet. Well I was totally in, I mean seriously who knows 50 super heroes off the top of their head, and the idea of seeing my boss in a Santa suite was just way too good to pass up! So the bet began. He was able to think of 20 right away...I was starting to get nervous! Within 30 minutes he had listed 62 freakin super heroes!! I had no idea my boss was a comic book geek! So I had lost the bet. I was now to wear a Santa suite to work! Not going to happen! So I did the only thing I thought I could to lessen my sentence...I offered to work New Year's Eve (the busiest freaking day of the year in the pharmacy) in exchange for only having to wear a Santa hat to work. My boss obliged. Crap! Now I have to work New Years Eve!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw I hate that day there. It was so nice when we were closed that day (at least I'm pretty sure it was New Year's we were closed before right?) But ya, that, Christmas, and September are the worst times there, hey!!! Glad I'm gone~Pretty soon you'll be too. Anticipation, what a joy :)

1:57 AM  
Blogger Duane Clemens said...

I have two comments: First, never bet a guy he can't name 50 super heroes. He doesn't need to be a comic book geek to know them, he only needs to have watched Xmen as a kid. Second, just to make sure your boss didn't cheat, did he list super heroes or super villans as part of that list. If he did list super villans you can call him on that and get out of working New Year's Eve AND have him wear the Santa suit.

D

5:53 PM  
Blogger Karyn Clemens said...

So very tragic, my dear friend! At least it's only the hat...'cause I probably would've had to fly home to see the Santa suit :) Hope you're having a great week!

12:48 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

Good question about super villans Duane. I had the list verified by a friend and he confirmed they were all super heroes. So my boss didn't cheat. And Karyn if all it takes is for me to wear a Santa Suite to get you home for Christmas, consider it done! :)

2:12 PM  
Blogger Karyn Clemens said...

Plans are already booked for Ontario this Christmas, so maybe next year? If I woulda known about the Santa suit sooner, maybe it could have worked out :)

9:03 AM  
Blogger L&D said...

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahaa

7:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that is a very funny story. How do you manage to get such cool bosses???

8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home