Honest Ramblings

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Questioning my sanity

It is times like these that I begin to question my sanity. Times like what you ask?
Like these:
1)I had an exam yesterday, I am sure I bombed it, and if you know me, you know I don't bomb exams.
2) I have an exam tomorrow, completely short answers...soooo many theories. Bring on the cramming!!
3) A paper due on Monday that I have yet to start...hmm maybe I should have done that sooner!
4) I get two new patient assignments tomorrow that I have to research and know top to bottom by Thursday for my 2 days of weekly hospital rotation, which by the way starts at the crack of dawn!!
5) I work this weekend, as always, and will get very little done.

I am feeling a little stressed right now...can you tell??

So it is times like these that I begin to question my sanity and ask myself why on earth do I want to be a nurse? What in the world was I thinking!

But then the hectic week will pass, and they will give us a week's grace where we will remember why we love nursing so much and then they will slam us with 3 exams in 3 days and the vicious cycle continues! This is a hard concept to explain to people who are not in nursing. But I tried to give you a glimpse. So please excuse my crazy rantings.

Ok, enough ranting and procrastinating, back to studying!

2 Comments:

Blogger Duane Clemens said...

Let me tell you a story...I found that was the same for University...though probably not as tough and you certainly don't have to worry as much about screwing up in the real world because people probably won't die if you do...they'll just live a life on the streets!

Hope your studying and exams go well!

D

7:52 AM  
Blogger L&D said...

Oh yea, we want to be nurses. I forgot about that. I was so focussed on my hatred towards the exams & assignments that I've forgotten that I actually LIKE nursing. Hmmmm. We are tainted. So tainted.

6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home