Honest Ramblings

Sunday, November 12, 2006

They will know we are Christians by our love...

I have been struggling with this statement for some time now. How do people know that I am a Christian? Do people even know that I am a Christian? Because I am, and I want people to be able to tell. Do people only know because I have told them, or they have over heard me talking about being a youth leader or attending church? These are some of the things that I have been talking to God about recently and I have been listening for him to give me some answers. Well in the last 4 hours I have had a couple answers. Ok God! I get it! I hear yah! :) Here is what he told me: This morning in church the pastor was talking about being a living example for Christ. I can be a walking, talking, living, and breathing advertisement for the wonderful and powerful work of Christ. Then I received a phone call from my good friend Darla and we got to talking about this very topic (she brought it up out of the blue! not me!) and how we struggle daily to live Godly lives. It is such a hard thing to do when we are sinful by nature. We began to talk about a conflict within our class and how we have acted and essentially driven this conflict forward. I was startled to realise how un-Godly I had been acting without even thinking about it! I am so glad for Darla and her ability to keep me accountable to God and keep me accountable to live a Christ centered life. There are only a handful of Christians in my nursing class and I want people to know that I am one of them! I want people to know that I am a Christian by my words, deeds, actions, and especially by my love!

2 Comments:

Blogger L&D said...

OH I have never agreed with you more! I can only hope that people can tell....and if they haven't before, then they will be able to now. Love you to bits. Glad you're my partner in crime.

2:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you Stacey.

8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home