Honest Ramblings

Monday, December 04, 2006

Moving Day...sort of

So I have spent the last few days packing and packing and packing and getting ready to move from my childhood home into a town house with my mom, with a 12 day interim stint living at my aunt and uncles until the town houses' current occupants vacate the premises. It's weird to pack all of your stuff away and then not actually move to the new place with your stuff! But we will get there soon enough. Anyways, the amount of junk that one can accumulate in 18 years in a house is absolutely nuts! We are down-sizing to half the size we currently have and my mother seems to think that we can still bring everything with us! We have currently filled 4...yes 4... 8x8x7 storage containers with all our worldly belongings and now a fifth container has been ordered! ACK! So needless to say my mother will have to part with some of her things when we get to the new place, and I think my sister and I will have to put our extra stuff into storage for the time being. So we spent the day yesterday with family and friends filling the containers to their brims, and then some! I am so physically exhausted from all of this as well. I have been working almost full time hours at the pharmacy and attending hospital rotation weekly and moving. I know I am crazy and I need to take it easy, and It has taken a toll on my body. But I will take it easy during Christmas break when I can leisurely unpack stuff without the rush! But the hard part is over for 12 days while we live at my relatives house until we can begin to unload the 5 storage containers on the 17th into our new place. Yippee! I can hardly wait! At least I have a stress free clinical instructor for my hospital rotation and she makes me laugh, so going to rotation is the least stressful part of my life right now which is good!

8 Comments:

Blogger Woosters said...

Oh wow! You crazy girl!!! You ALWAYS seem to be doing TOO MUCH! But I guess you just can't help it! Glad to hear you'll be able to take it easy over Christmas.

I know what you mean about all these worldy possessions. Every time we haul stuff we've bought up into our house I'm like "We always seem to be hauling stuff in but rarely bringing stuff out!"

You'll have to let us know how everything goes living with your relatives. It's going to be SO WEIRD coming to visit and your blue house not being anyone in your family's place :o( See, even when YOU didn't live there anymore, if we drove by we'd know your mom was there... but now... alas... it shall forever be remembed as your old house.

8:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Geez, ya, I always thought about it being your house when I drove by (although that doesn't happen much anymore ;). Why are you guys moving?

7:58 PM  
Blogger L&D said...

Nothin' a little 'cosmo' can't fix. Oh yea, and Kimmy-poo finally posted a comment on my blog. So there. She really does love me.

....hey, what's with all that egg on your new house?(and don't even say that I don't know where that is) Gosh. You're so difficult. I can read your mind you know.

9:46 PM  
Blogger L&D said...

Skipper.

Sucker.

9:46 PM  
Blogger L&D said...

Sigh.

I missed you today. I needed the Stace-ness. Big withdrawls here. Shaking and hallucinating. K & I kept thinking we were going to see you in the cafeteria at breaks. So weird. Going crazy. .....must....see...Stace......

9:48 PM  
Blogger L&D said...

Hey, how many comments do you think I can write in a row?

9:48 PM  
Blogger L&D said...

Hmmmmmmmm. Let's see now.

9:48 PM  
Blogger L&D said...

You're a sexy righteous babe. That's all I got. Now go to sleep already you party animal.

9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home