Honest Ramblings

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Joys of living in a new house

Part of our Kitchen looking in from living room
Living room
T.V. room/mountain of boxes/death trap
Another view of the death trap
Final view of the death trap


Well it has been about a week since we moved into our new home. Until last night there were still boxes covering every surface of the house. I have tripped over and bumped into more boxes this last week than I care to remember. Every morning I wake up and discover a new set of scratches and bruises on my body that were not there the day before.

I have gone on special ops missions to find certain articles of clothing or a pair of shoes I know I packed in the room which has become a mountain of at least 180 boxes, it will one day be known as the T.V. room/office when it become less of a mountain. It is quite the process to squeeze ones self in between the tiny crevices between boxes in an attempt to reach the back wall of this room to find the certain box containing your most prized possession, only to have your only exit become blocked by an avalanche of other boxes, a large table, a shelving unit and a huge hunk of carpet. Oh the fun I am having.

My aunt came over last night and her and my mom went crazy unloading boxes and attempting to put things in their places. It was mostly a success. There is now walking room between most rooms in our house, and we have a living room floor! I some how got roped into helping rearrange and remove furniture from the living room at midnight so that the new furniture my mom ordered could fit in. This involved me and my aunt carrying a very large and might I mention crazy heavy old antique couch and 2 HUGE antique chairs down a steep embankment beside our house and into our carport. I am a little sore! So as you can tell, things are slowly coming together at the new place and it will hopefully look more orderly in the next couple of weeks. By then, maybe my bruises will be gone and my scratches will have healed.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. Are you sure all that stuff is actually going to find its place! Holy Crap I do not envy you at all! But it's good that it's gradually coming together. All I can say is you guys are brave!

7:42 PM  
Blogger L&D said...

Well, now that you are so strong wanna show me your bulging biceps?

8:10 PM  
Blogger Karyn Clemens said...

I miss you! Wish I could've been there to help with yet another move! :) I'll be there in the summer if things are (heaven forbid) still in boxes!! tee hee!

~K~

12:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stacey you are my hero.

10:00 PM  
Blogger L&D said...

Um, HELLLLLOOOO. It's like 2007 here. Time for a new post.

6:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home