Honest Ramblings

Friday, December 22, 2006

New Home

Well my mom, sister, and I have officially moved into our new townhouse. Yes, there are boxes EVERYWHERE and nothing seems to have a place to call its own yet, but we are getting there. Between packing up our old family home in less than 10 days and then jamming all our stuff into 5 large storage crates to be stored for 2 weeks and living with my aunt and uncle for the in-between time, then unpacking those 5 large storage crates into our much smaller new house, it has been about a month in the making. But it feels really good to be in our new home, actually having my own space again and being able to sleep in my own bed is so nice. The first day we got into our new house we ripped up the old carpet in the living room and hallway and put down very nice laminate flooring and my mom and I did some tile work around our gas fire place. It was a lot of work, but it was nice to see the drastic change when we were done! Our house doesn't feel very Christmasy yet because it is covered in boxes, but we did manage to buy a tree which we will be decorating very soon so I think that will make a difference. Thanks to everyone who came to help us pack, move, unpack etc. etc. It was greatly appreciated! I will post some pictures of our new home as soon as I can find my camera! :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

merry christmas and happy boxing day (or unboxing day, hehe)

11:27 PM  
Blogger L&D said...

Can't wait to see the new digs.

9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home