Honest Ramblings

Sunday, August 05, 2007

Summer Vacations Part I

Well it is about time that I update this thing! I finally got a hold of the pictures from my road trip vacation with my best friend Heidi so here we go with an update!

Heidi and I spent a glorious two weeks driving around California and the Oregon coast. It was whirl-wind but so much fun.

We started our trip by spending two nights at Shasta Lake in California camping out, sleeping, swimming and basically just relaxing and having a good time.

We ate in the tent one night because the bees were so bad

Next we spent a couple nights at Heidi's great aunt and uncles house in Fresno and spent time swimming and relaxing. We also ventured out to a movie and watched Ratatouille which was very good. We then moved on to DISNEY LAND!!!!

Heidi and I spent 3 fun filled days at Disney Land and California Adventure Park. We rode pretty much every single ride and stayed at the parks from open until close.

Heidi and I on the raft ride
The 'Screamer' rollercoaster

At the Rain Forest Cafe for dinner


After absorbing all we could from Disney Land and the new California Adventure Park we moved on to visit Heidi's friend Beth in Monterey for the day.

We ate lunch at this fantastic little Indian restaurant

Later that night we continued our journey and arrived at our quaint little hotel in San Francisco, The Hotel Britton.

The room has the coolest decor, wooden shutters and funky floral print wall paper.


We only had limited time in San Francisco so we made the most of it and explored the town on foot and then hopped in the old cable car system.


Heidi and I on the cable car. It was a bit windy.

After exploring the city during the day we took the cable car down to Pier 39 and wandered around the little shops. That evening Heidi and I had booked a tour of Alcatraz. We boarded a ferry and took off on our sunset cruise to Alcatraz island.

I had such a good time exploring the island. What a cool tour. I highly recommend it! Most of the tour was an audio tour and we followed directions to tour the entire jail house and cell block. Then we were able to explore on our own. Heidi and I ventured upstairs in the jail and looked at the hospital and operating room, pretty cool.

After finishing the tour and returning to the mainland we went to Bubba Gumps for dinner and had an amazing meal.

Me in a jail cell on Alcatraz island

Yummy Mango drink from Bubba Gumps


Heidi showing off the license plates that adorn the table and can be flipped to let the waiter know when we needed service.

On our way out of San Francisco the next morning we drove over the famous Golden Gate Bridge...it was freakin foggy!!!




After driving over the bridge in major fog we were on our way to the Oregon Coast. Heidi and I spent the last two days of our vacation relaxing on the Oregon coast at our campsite.

View from the beach at our camp site

Our camp site.

Me blow drying my hair at the camper plug in because I didn't want to go to bed with wet hair

Heidi was a bit cold, she wore this coat a lot on the coast.

So after two weeks of non-stop-fun Heidi and I finally arrived back home and back to the normal hustle bustle of life.

Stay tuned for Part II of my summer vacation: Girl Guide Camp. I will post about it as soon as I get the pictures from friends.

3 Comments:

Blogger L&D said...

You are such a diva blow drying your hair camping...hahahahahah!

So cool that you went to Alcatraz. I've done that too. So now go rent the movie "The Rock" and you'll be going, "I went in there....I saw that....." throughout the whole movie. So fun.

4:42 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

I am not a DIVA! :) I only did my hair ONCE while on this trip, I simply didn't want wet hair to go to bed!

2:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Diva, nice pictures. We followed in your steps a bit! Well, the Oregon Coast/San Francisco part anyway.

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home