Honest Ramblings

Friday, January 25, 2008

Winterpeg: Day 3/4

Well folks, sorry that I didn't get an update posted as promised yesterday. The 80's night last night went very late! We didn't get back to our hotel until 2am and we had to be up for conference speaker sessions at 630 (430 am BC time). WAY TOO EARLY! :) Anyways, I will start at the beginning.

Day 3 began with key note and session speakers on a variety of topics, most of them quite interesting. I really enjoyed listening to them and I even learned a little bit about holistic and "spirited nursing" and how important it is to ensure I am taking care of my whole self to enable me to in turn take care and give to others.

In the afternoon I attended a 2 hour work shop on how to write the CRNE exam. It came with lots of hints and tips and a complete breakdown of what to expect. It was fabulous and really informative. I can't wait to share all the info with all who are interested.

The evening was spent eating dinner at this quaint little Italian bistro with some fellow BC conference attendees and we had great pasta and fantastic wine!

Then my room mate and I, and the token guy Aaron, from BC hit the hot tub/pool. The hot tub was the HOTTEST thing I have ever been in! My legs turned instantly red and I never actually fully got into the water. We ended up opting for a dip in the pool and then it was off to prepare for 80's night.

My room mate Laura did an amazing job making my hair the biggest I have ever seen it and topped it off with this huge ass silver sparkley head band and I did some great 80's make up! She rocked the side pony and wave bangs. Pictures will be posted on my facebook account for you all to laugh at! :)

As I said before we returned to our hotel at 2am and were able to get to bed around 230.

We then peeled ourselves out of bed this morning, after sleeping through the first hour of speakers and headed down to the conferences and sat in on more topic sessions. Today's speakers were not as interesting and they seemed to be running behind all day so our breaks became shorter and shorter until we literally had minutes to scramble out and pee or grab a drink and race back so as to not interrupt the speaker once they had started.

The conference wrap up today was very good though. Susan Aglukark, the Inuit singer/song writer was there and told us her story and spoke about the issues facing aboriginal people today and then sang several of her songs and she was truly inspirational and a lot of fun to listen too. I got an autographed cd people! :) I will post some videos on facebook of her songs later.

And finally, as I write this I am supposed to be getting ready to attend a "Traditional Manitoba Social". What that is, Laura and I have no idea!!! But it starts at 930 and I had better get my butt in gear and get ready so that I can experience this Manitoba social in all it's glory and splendor. I will report in the morning on what exactly is included and done at such an event!

Good night all!! Oh, and current temp in Winterpeg is a balmy -14!! It's getting warmer people!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home